April 24, 2020
Good Afternoon Gardner Animal Care Center Family:
We are ending the 6th week of COVID-19 impacting our lives. Today, we have each embraced the new “normal” the best we can, as we hear daily updates about the surge Massachusetts is experiencing. This week, the US confirmed the first two positive feline patients. Similar to other positive animals, it appears the pets were exposed to individuals that are, or thought to be, COVID-19 positive. Rest assured, we are monitoring this situation on a daily basis. Currently, there is no evidence that our pets, incidentally infected with COVID-19, will spread it to people. For this reason, the AVMA, CDC, USDA, AAVLD, NASPHV, and IDEXX DO NOT recommend routine testing for SARS-CoV-2 for animals. Please be sure to visit our website for the latest on COVID-19 information.
Highlights for the Upcoming Week:
- Our office will remain open each day from 8:30 am to 5 pm for primarily medical/sick pets though exceptions may be made when timing of service may be impacted.
- Curbside Service will continue with no owners inside the building.
- Watch for information on a more efficient experience being developed by PetDesk and WhiskerCloud (our website provider).
- We also have 2-way texting via the PetDesk app or by texting 978-632-7110.
- Online Store is available from our website to obtain preventives and food for your pets. You can also set up Autoship for convenience.
- Stay tuned for a new feature on our website to share pictures of our patients, daycare and boarding visitors, grooming pets, and obedience class attendees. We are excited to be launching this soon.
- AirVet Telemedicine is available via an app download from the App Store or Google Play.
This is a great time to update or add a current email and cell phone number to your medical record for communication purposes. Please email us at email@example.com, text us, or call us using 978-632-7110.
This COVID-19 outbreak has taught us all just how resilient we can be and there is nothing that we do not have the strength to face and eventually come out the other side even stronger. We hope this letter finds your families, pets, friends, and you safe and healthy. Be sure to use this time to enjoy each other.
As always, we thank you again for your continued support and understanding. We will remain committed to serving the needs of our community and your pets.
The team at the Gardner Animal Care Center