May 5, 2020
Good Afternoon Gardner Animal Care Center Family:
COVID-19 continues to play a disrupting part of our lives in the state of Massachusetts with Gov. Baker extending the “Stay at Home” order until May 18th. Last week we saw the first case of a Pug testing positive with COVID-19 in North Carolina. Once again, the pet was in a household with confirmed positive owners. The CDC, AVMA and USDA still report there is no evidence that our pets incidentally infected with COVID-19 will spread it to people. Please be sure to visit our website for the latest on COVID-19 information.
- We will remain open for primarily medical/sick pets though there are exceptions made when timing of certain professional services may be impacted.
- Curbside Service will continue with no owners inside the building.
- We currently have a curbside check in form available on the website and in the PetDesk app. Please fill out the form prior to your visit and it will be emailed to us.
- PetDesk offers 2-way texting via the app or by texting 978-632-7110. When you arrive, text us and a team member will be out to start your visit.
- Online Store is available from our website to obtain preventives and food for your pets. You can setup Autoship for convenience.
- AirVet Telemedicine is available via an app download from the App Store or Google Play. You can communicate with one of our doctors via the app or an Airvet network doctor if an emergency.
We are asking our clients bringing their pets to the GACC to wear a mask or other suitable face covering per the regulations announced by Gov. Baker. Our team members will continue wearing their masks. Click here to read the new mask order.
If you are not feeling well or your pet has been exposed to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, please let us know prior to your appointment.
As always, we thank you again for your continued support and understanding. We will remain committed to serving the needs of our community and your pets.
The team at the Gardner Animal Care Center